It is very difficult to answer for all streams. As water sources in Colorado may have different restrictions. One should check with their nearest Colorado Water Resources Commissioner in their area for the restrictions. Example of this requirement is the streams feeding in and out of Vallecito Reservoir; they require an agreement with the Pine River Irrigation District (PRID). The agreement requires an annual fee.